Bright Idea for February Worship
To our Church Family at Durkeetown-St James:
Thank you for your prayers and support. January was a challenge but the Lord was faithful and saw us through. We are especially grateful that those who contracted the coronavirus are on the mend and that as far as we know everyone is getting better.
So, the big question is where do we go from here? The Elders met (February 2nd) and discussed what would be the most prudent approach. Hopefully, you will also see the wisdom in what we are going to implement for February and as always, if you have any questions please feel every liberty to contact us. Here’s the plan for February:
If you can participate through either zoom or our Facebook feed we encourage you to remain home during February and join the service online.
If you cannot participate through either zoom or our Facebook feed then we encourage you to come, starting this Sunday, to Durkeetown for the 10:30 a.m. worship gathering.
We will not close the doors on any healthy person who desires to come to the church building for Lord’s Day worship.
We will not be singing during the worship gathering in February.
If you do choose to come on Sunday we respectfully ask each person to wear their face masks the ENTIRE TIME they are inside the church building.
We want to remind everyone that you SHOULD NOT COME TO THE CHURCH BUILDING if any of the following things are true: If you –
• Have traveled outside the country, or traveled to another state on New York’s COVID-19 travel advisory watchlist within the last 14 days; or
• Have been directed to quarantine, isolate or self-monitor at home for the coronavirus by any health professional within the last14 days; or
• Have been diagnosed with, or have had close contact with anyone diagnosed with, COVID-19 within the last two weeks; or
• Are waiting for COVID-19 test results; or
• Have flu-like symptoms (including cough, shortness of breath, fever over 100.0°F, chills, body ache, headache, intestinal issues) or
• Reside or have had close contact with anyone who meets the above conditions;
The Elders will review this plan at the end of February with the hope of returning to a full range of ministry at DBC, including reopening St James on March 7th.
Please keep one another in prayer and may the God of peace rule in our hearts in a time of great trouble.
Pastor Ken (and DBC elders)